JUL 31, 2020
AUTHORS Staff Reports
Lord & Liberty will sit on Second, incorporate historic former firehall
Images have been submitted to Metro for boutique hotel Lord & Liberty, planned for Rutledge Hill.
The images show a nine-story structure to rise next to the stately Victorian masonry building was once home to the James Geddes Engine Co. No. 6 fire hall. It opened in 1895 and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. In 1980, the building was awarded the Metro Historical Commission’s Preservation Award. The address is 627 Second Ave. S.
Owner L&L Nashville LLC will go before the Metro Planning Commission fwill go before the planning commission’s downtown code design review committee on Thursday, Sept.10, to request the modification. The current zoning allows for a building of no taller than six floors, with the LLC seeking nine. A document notes the building would rise about 115 feet.
Participating in the project, according to a document submitted to Metro, are Blur Workshop (architecture), Hawkins Partners (landscape architecture), Thomas & Hutton (engineering) and Cap Ex Cumming (cost management).
The submission of the image comes after the LLC, comprising wife and husband Natasha Drisdelle and Timothy Drisdelle, acquired the property in May 2019 for about $2.62 million.
Of note, the ex-fire station building sits next to the Litterer Building, a historic masonry building once accommodated Vanderbilt University. Washington, D.C.-based Blyth-Templeton Academy operates a co-ed college preparatory school at the building, with an address of 631 Second Ave. S. and across from Metro’s Fulton Complex.